I always make a huge batch of this so that I can freeze some of it for quick dinners or lunch boxes during the week. It can be endlessly varied, add whatever vegetables and spices you have on hand. And f you’ve got time, make some freshly baked bread rolls to go with it!
CREAMY PUMPKIN SOUP
1 medium size butternut squash or pumpkin
5-8 medium carrots
3 cloves garlic
1 can light coconut milk
1-2 cups of water, optional
Pinch of chili
1 tsp smoked paprika (or to taste)
1 tsp oregano
- Peel and chop the pumpkin and carrots into 1 inch squares, place in a large pot.
- Chop the onion into chunks and peel the garlic and press it with the side of the knife to break it, add it to the pot.
- Fill the pot with water until all the vegetables are just covered. Place over high heat and allow to come to a boil.
- Boil for about 10-20 minutes, or until all the vegetables are very soft and starting to fall apart.
- Once the veteables are soft, remove the pot from the heat and drain the water.
- Add the coconut milk and give it a quick stir.
- With a hand mixer or in a food processor, mix the vegetables until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Place back on the heat and add some water if the soup looks too thick.
- Add salt, pepper, chili, smoked paprika spice and oregano and stir again.
- Allow it to bubble for a couple of more minutes and then serve.
beautiful colors! I’ll have a bowl of this with your scrumptious rolls!!
Pingback: Savory Pumpkin Soup Recipes To Feel the Fall | FoodInspirasi