I’m pretty sure my sister always has at least one Delicatoboll when she visits from the US. It’s a must have for (some) natives who’ve moved abroad. Delicatoboll has been around forever and is something as simple as chocolate dipped chocolate balls, dipped in shreddded coconut.
The classic Delicatoboll is often sold at snack stands, individually packaged in plastic, or can be found in packs of six at the grocery store. Yup, it’s one of those factory made things with an ingredient list you probably cannot pronounce (because it’s in Swedish), and its sad plastic housing doesn’t make it look all that appetising either.
Boy, am I selling this or what!?
This little treat does have some things going for it though – it hits the spot when the sweet tooth strikes, and the original is an “accidentally vegan” product!
Nevertheless, I decided to make my own, home made chocolate dipped chocolate balls, with a short and sweet ingredient list that you’re guaranteed to be able to pronounce.
Chocolate Dipped Chocolate Balls
1.5 cups (4 dl) rolled oats (oatmeal)
3.5 oz (100 g) vegan butter
0.5 cups (1 dl) powdered sugar
4 Tbsp (0.5 dl) brewed coffee
1 tsp vanilla powder
5 Tbsp (0.75 dl) cocoa powder
1.7 oz (50 g) vegan milk chocolated, melted
5.3 oz (150 g) vegan milk chocolate, melted
shredded coconut to roll the chocolate dipped balls in
- In a food processor, grind the oatmeal until you have a fine powder.
- Add the butter, powdered sugar, coffee, vanilla powder and cocoa powder and blend again until you’ve got a smooth dough.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend again.
- Roll into balls and place on a tray in the fridge or freezer to set. Once chilled, dip each ball in the melted chocolate and then roll them in shredded coconut until coated.
- Place back in the fridge until the chocolate coating has set, and then dig in!